What to do after an auto accident
- Move out of the way of traffic and turn on your hazard warning lights.
- Call the police even in a minor accident. If someone is injured, request medical assistance. If fire is involved, request fire department aid.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police or your insurance company representative.
- Exchange necessary information with the other driver(s). Be sure to write down the other driver’s name, address, phone number, license plate number and insurance information. Also write down the
contact information of all witnesses.
- Report the accident to Steinmiller Insurance as soon as possible. Call us toll-free at (800) 550-5742. The faster you report your claim, the sooner we can get you back on the road.
NYS DEFENSIVE DRIVERS COURSE